How do I contact support?
Our friendly support team is here to help. Learn what information to share and when can you an expect a response.
There are two ways to get in touch with us:
- 2.You can submit a support request via the GitBook app. When you're logged in, click on the cogicon in the sidebar. Click help & feedback and then click contact support.
To help us help you as efficiently as possible, please be sure to send us all relevant details:
- If your support request relates to a specific space, please make sure to include a link to it.
- Please describe the steps that you are taking, what happens when you take those steps, and what you expected to happen instead.
- If you are running into an error message, please pass along the error message in full.
- Can you send us a screenshot to show us what you're seeing? Or, can you send us a short video to show us the steps that you are taking? These are extremely helpful!
We aim to respond to every message within 1 business day. At busy times this might not be possible, but we'll always get back to you as soon as we are able!
We've made some internal changes to help us improve the support that we offer. As part of these changes, we have moved to a new help desk system. The main differences you'll notice are:
- 1.We have a new form in the GitBook app to use when sending us a support request.
- 2.Responses from our team will always come to you via email, rather than within a widget in the GitBook app.
We found that using an in-app widget could be misleading; some users expected real-time support via this widget, which isn't something that we can currently provide. Now, you can continue working in GitBook or move on to other things while you wait for a response from our team. When we've replied, your inbox will notify you!