Non-profit/open source plan
We are happy to provide organizations that meet our criteria with a free Community plan!
If it's absolutely necessary to collaborate with others, please continue reading.
We welcome applications from organizations that hold a valid charitable status 501(c) or similar as well as open-source applications with a GitHub or GitLab related project.
Please read the criteria before applying.
- Is not a church, affiliated or promoting a specific religion
- Is not a school, college, university (can be student group, lab group, course group)
- Is not a government office, ministry, or function (can be a small municipality local office)
- Is not a private foundation
- Does not have political affiliations
- Does not promote a dogma
- Does not promote a religious position as part of its activity
- Does not promote discrimination of any kind, on the basis of the gender (identity or expression), race, ethnicity, political or religious opinion, sexual orientation, or other.
- Needs to be a company and have an official non-profit status
- Needs to share a valid charitable status 501(c) or equivalent
Your Git repository:
- Exists on GitHub or GitLab
- Is not just an empty repository with nothing to show
- Is not just a fork with no activity of its own
- Has a
README.mdfile that clearly explains what the software is about
- Has a
CONTRIBUTING.mdfile that explains how to contribute
- Has a
- The organization does not represent a school, college, or university as a whole
- The organization represents a small group related to a school, college, or university
- You are a small student group or a teacher organizing a course for a small group of students
In order to apply for the Community plan, you need to have a GitBook account and have created an organization.
- 3.Copy the link of your organization because you will need it to apply: It will look like: => app.gitbook.com/o/knDc9w0Awj6RGjaiTeWn where knDc9w0Awj6RGjaiTeWn is different and unique to your organization.
- 5.Expand do you offer non profit/open source discounts?
- 6.Click the apply here button.
- 7.Follow the instructions in the chat bot that pops up.
You might be required to provide additional information for us to validate your organization type:
- Open-source: link to your GitHub repository or GitLab project
- Non-profit: proof of your non-profit status (such as a copy of your 501(c)(3) or your country's equivalent proof of non-profit status)
We will respond to your application as soon as possible. Please allow up to 5 working days for us to review your status and update your account.