Receive notifications about new content, important changes to your documentation or changes in visibility.
Notifications provide updates about the activity on GitBook that comes from spaces owned by you or an organization that you are a member of.
You can find app notifications at the bottom of the sidebar. You'll see a bell
icon, which will have a number alongside it to indicate the number of unread notifications you have. Click on that bell icon to see your notifications.
Within the notifications pop-up, you'll see two icons in the top-right corner. There's a double checkmark
icon, which allows you to mark all unread notifications as read. There's also a gear
icon, which will take you to your notification settings.
Email notifications are enabled by default, but you can disable them in your notifications settings if you prefer. When they are enabled, GitBook will send one email per notification type. This will be sent to the email address associated with your personal GitBook account.
As with all email delivery, there's a chance that you might not receive the email. Possible reasons include but are not limited to:
- Our email ends up in your spam folder or caught by another protection mechanism.
- Emails sent from GitBook to your email address have bounced many times, and therefore further sending has been automatically blocked by our mail service.
- There could be a temporary delivery problem that will resolve on its own.
- A wrong expectation about the notifications you should be receiving.
- A wrong expectation about the email address to which we would be sending the notification.
If you think you might be running into any of these issues, here are some things you can try:
- Wait it out if you are aware of any temporary issue with your mail provider.
- Contact support if all other things fail. If you do, please make sure to include as much information as possible. For example, this might include the email address you expect to receive the notification to, the type of the notification (you can see that in the settings), and the exact details of what you feel should have triggered that notification for you. Please include links to anything relevant, as well.
We currently offer notifications for the following areas:
- Spaces and collections
- Change requests